Sunday, April 9, 2017

MIKE SHREVE-THE TREE OF LIFE

This is one of the best, meatiest, most informative sermons I have ever heard, ranking a gosamer breadth beneath all Pastor Peters' sermons and maybe sharing first place with the aforementioned.

Shreve not only sheds light on the mystery of the tree of life but, as part of this topic, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

This is topical preaching the way it should be done.

The only major disagreement I would have is that man's ultimate xhope is not to become God, for this is the sinful desire Eve had that led her to eat the fruit in the first place. Rather, our hope is to get into that perfect, and ironically more God-like (if I may use the word here) state we were in before the fall. (Granted, I heard this sermon on an old tape from Mount Zion Family Bible Camp that Mom brought me one day so I don't exactly know what specifically Shreve says in the link below.)

Speaking of which, here is Part One.


No comments: