Sunday, December 15, 2013

YES GIRL YOU ARE LOVED

On October 24th 1979 my parents held me for the first time, and made a vow to love me and take care of my then fragile and helpless form.




Flash forward almost twenty years and that once tiny bundle of helpless has grown in to something hardly recognizable. Someone full of anger and sadness. Someone when asked would tell them that God was to blame.



God though sees this, and feels sadness himself, and links a series of events together to bring the anger out like an infection in a finger.



It is now 2005, and I am sitting in a Sabbath service at an Adventist retreat. The preacher asks anyone interested in receiving Baptism to come to the front. At first I didn't move, but then this tiny magnet, and voice began gently pushing me to the altar call.



On the 7th of July 2007 as I emerged from the waters at the retreat after being Baptized I heard those same words that brought me to that point, "yes girl you are loved.`



May God bless and keep all of you out there.



Ms. Gillie

No comments: