Wednesday, December 4, 2013

BEYOND THE CHAOS

It's that time. You know? When the malls, stores, and parking lots are full of cars, vans, and chaos. It seems like everyone has their mind on one thing and one thing only. Yes. Jr. wants his X Box, and no he won't share with his sister. Yes you also have to buy for that aunt living in Paris, who is making a rare appearance.




Have you made room on your busy schedule to help someone? You probably walk by him/her on your way to work or running errands. That homeless person you largely ignore. Have you ever stopped to think about the fact that he/she probably at one time had a home, a family, and someone who loved him/her?



It is true. We all have a story. I remember doing a service project with my church a couple of years back at a youth drop in center. It made me feel good, but sad because one of those teenagers could have been my sister or I.



So what can you do? Volunteer your time, drop some change in those Salvation Army Kettles, buy that homeless person a sandwich and hot drink, or simply bid someone a good day.



May God bless and keep you, and I'll see you soon.



Ms. Gillie

No comments: