Thursday, October 3, 2013

LOOKING BACK-NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2012

            Based on notes to myself.

On a day when I was feeling very discouraged, I got to minister the Word to a few different people.

I was thinking a lot about "South Park" at this time.

Was reading Lee Strobel's books.

Heard about Sandy Hook while listening to a top 40 station from Italy online. They broke into their Friday night dance party program with coverage.

Was making friends with a guy down the street.

A week before Christmas, another friend and I had the best day together we'd ever had, just looking at funny things on YouTube all day.

My sister kept a couple hamsters at my place for a few days.

Was grooving to a lot of good music at this time, from new alternative rock to older alternative rock to blues to jump blues to standards.

For Christmas, we went over to a former neighbour's house. We had different kinds of Oriental soup, pork wrapped in a lettuce leaf, duck, roast beef with all the trimmings for the main course, and lots of good desserts.

For that wonderful time known as the week between Christmas and New Year's, I just hung out, read and relaxed. I was listening to a fair amount of AM 740 at this time.

For New Year's Eve, went over to the local pub in a snowstorm. I got really lost. Fortunately, a woman walking her dog happened by and steered me in the right direction. I was only a few minutes late for my reservation. I had Cornish hen, a really good dessert that I can't remember what it was and a couple glasses of wine. The pub worker drove me home and I gave her a hug. Then I watched the ball drop in Time Square, then listened to "As It Happens: The Midnight Edition".

The next day I spent downloading stuff from the internet, then went over to mom's house for dinner.

No comments: