Monday, June 3, 2013

LOOKING BACK-NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011

Based on notes to myself.

A lot of this period in my life was spent trying to get along without Dad. What a lot of people don't realize is that, in a situation like this the tears you cry are mostly for yourself: whose going to do this for me?, whose going to do that for me?, whose going to take care of the maintenance for the family?, whose going to take care of the yardwork?, etc.

At this time I and the men who worked at Scriptures for America were still adjusting to the death of Pastor Peters. It didn't help when some jerk named Jack Kundis sent me an email insulting Pastor Peters, even though the obituary I wrote on my blog plainly showed how much he meant to me. You can be sure I had some imprecatory prayer for that guy.

Applied to different shortwave stations for work.

Was looking up different radio stations on the internet.

Two friends of mine introduced me to their friend. The plan was to have him take me to singles events and stuff in the area. More about that in a future post. It only took my friend having him over twice before he actually got up the courage to ask him to be my wingman.

Took a ride to Kingston with a guy from church, the same one who had laughed at me at the French gourmet dinner. We spent most of the drive talking about sex and how I, as a single guy should get married as soon as possible because that was what the Bible says. Actually, the Bible says you should marry if you have a girlfriend and you can't control yourself sexually with her. I think a lot of what the guy from church was saying was his attempt to asuage his guilt over something he had done to his wife before they got married. He kept going back to the old thing of, "What would Jesus do?", which is so bloody ridiculous. I mean, what would Hitler do? What would Elmore Leonard do? When people ask what Jesus would do, they really mean the Jesus that they personally have in their minds, the one whom their comfortable with and who approves of basically everything they're doing. They don't really mean the Jesus of the Bible, and if they do, it doesn't occur to these people that, along with his recorded actions while here on Earth, Jesus also gave us all the rest of the Bible for our guidance and learning.

I was learning to play the harmonica.

I got back in touch with a buddy from college who had gotten a job doing news at the local radio station after one of the previous news staff became an MPP.

I also made a new pen pal through an online magazine for the blind.

No comments: