Monday, May 6, 2013

REPLY AWL

The March 25 issue of Maclean's contains an article about a new book on a more Biblical way to eat. Though I commend Maclean's for featuring such a book in their publication, I take issue with one thing the article says. In the article, the author of the book, who is a nutritionist, says fasting should be done under the supervision of a nutritionist. From everything I've heard, this is not true. Just eat what you would normally eat the night before. The morning after the fast is over, eat some fruit and something such as melba toast to reintroduce food to your body.

Scott Feschuk's column in the April 1 issue of the same magazine employed a different kind of hyumour than he usually uses.

There is an article in this week's edition of the online Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind by a blind film critic. He reviews the audio description in movies. When I occasionally review movies on this blog, I don't worry about the fact I'm blind. I try to give the kind of brief review I would give to a friend who asked me if the film was worth seeing or not.

No comments: