Friday, May 17, 2013

LOOKING BACK-JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2013

Based on notes to myself.

Ordered a couple books from CBM Canada.

My friend had started his own show on Blog Talk Radio.

Speaking of my friend, I went over to his house one day. A friend of his was there. We sat and had coffee and a great prophecy was prophecied over me.

Looking up Birmingham bands I read about in an article.

Joined Elance.

I was listening to different stations while I downloaded books from Wattpad, one of them being CKWS-fm. I was listening to that station on a Monday morning. It gave me a pastoral feeling.

That same day my sister came to the door informing me I had a package waiting at the post office. I went to pick it up. I tried to pay for it with my debit card but the machine wasn't accessible, necessitating me to go down to the bank and get some cash. I returned to the post office and paid for my parcel. It was an external hard drive full of stuff I had ordered from someone.

Later that afternoon the local Seventh-day Adventist pastor took me out for dinner at Sub-way. It was truly a spirit-filled time. All the time I was literally thinking, "Does this really have to end?"

Read one of the books I got from CBM at night. I learned a fair amount from it.

Needed to replace the battery in one of my smoke detectors.

Had some trouble with the external hard drive. It only came with one cord. I finally got ahold of the guy who sold it to me and he said it just needed a genaric square-connector USB cable. I used the one off the printer.

Went to the Ablaze conference one weekend. It was truly a defining moment. There was some question as to whether we would go because we had gotten a blizard that Friday. However, we drove carefully and made it to where the conference was being held just fine.

I was concerned I was going to be too cold there but I ended up being too warm and having to take blankets off.

There were a lot of good sessions and good speakers.

I met some people there and hopefully made some new friends.

The food was really good, too. Any place that serves pancakes and waffles in the same meal is all right with me.

For packing material, the external hard drive was wrapped in old copies of a braille music magazine from England. I enjoyed reading about the modern classical artists featured in those magazines. I perused them while listening to "Canada Reads."

Was also listening to K-rock Kingston a lot in the week before the Ablaze Conference.

No comments: