Friday, March 8, 2013

THEY WEREN'T LOOKING FOR MY TRUE OPINION

Got a call last night from a polling firm that was doing a survey on behalf of the Provincial Progressive Conservatives. It was automated and you were supposed to press numbers on the keypad in order to answer. Obviously that polling firm hasn't been reading my posts about how you shouldn't use an automated system that requires pressing a number even if you're legit.

Anyway, I figured since there's been talk about a possible provincial election the call was on the level so I participated in the survey. I gave them my answers, but below is a summation of the answers I really wanted to give (another reason why the polling firm should have used a real person.)

Q: Who would you vote for if a provincial election were held?
A. I have quit voting. Our whole electoral system is completely flawed. You can't elect the premier separately from the candidate for your riding. Besides, the elections are all fixed anyway; our vote doesn't make a darn bit of difference.

Q: Do you support getting rid of the DriveClean program?
A. Yes (which was also my actual answer in the survey.) The less control the government has over our lives, the better.

Q: Something about the teacher's union I can't remember.
A. The teacher's union can eat a flaming bag of disease-infected heroin needles for the way they've been acting. In fact, we shouldn't even have public schools.

No comments: