Thursday, February 28, 2013

REPLY AWL

There was an article in last week's edition of the online Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind about the Social Security Administration removing the term "mentally retarded" from it's documents. I think this is a retarded policy. Retarded means kept back, and in the case of those with intellectual disabilities their intelligence is indeed kept back.

However, it is interesting how some people who are deficient as far as intelligence is concerned in some areas really excel intellectually in others.

An article in the January 14 issue of Maclean's says binge drinking among Britain's youth is down from a few years ago. Judging by the story I heard on CBC the other week about street pastors ministering to London's inebriated young people, this piece is probably wrong.

In the same issue there is an article about how tongue diagnosis is becoming popular again. Doctors, and I'm talking about medical doctors, always used to look at a patient's tongue, no matter what they came in for because it is indicative of a person's physical state.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very capable person!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been following your site for a while now and finally got
the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from
Lubbock Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic
work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do
a little research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post.
I'm very glad to see such fantastic information being shared freely out there.

Anonymous said...

But wanna comment on few general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really wonderful :D.

Anonymous said...

This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!!
Finally I have found something which helped me. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great article, exactly what I was looking for.

Anonymous said...

I love your writing style truly loving this internet site.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy looking through an article that will
make men and women think. Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!

Anonymous said...

Hello.This post was really motivating, especially because I was searching
for thoughts on this issue last Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Really good visual appeal on this site, I'd value it 10.

Anonymous said...

Hello.This post was extremely interesting, particularly because I was investigating for
thoughts on this subject last Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate itสล็อตออนไลน์

Alex Horton said...

No, I don't. I was unaware I was listed there myself.