Sunday, November 18, 2012

REPLY AWL

In the Bad News section of the October 8 issue of Maclean's there is an item about Health Canada warning parents about having trampolenes for their children. When I was four my parents bought me a trampolene and it was the best investment they ever made. It gave me over twenty years of pleasure, a great amount of exercise and lots of happy memories. I'm going to put it up again if I can ever get a fence built at my place. I didn't even need a net around the thing; my parents just told me to be careful and stay in the middle.

In the same issue their is a column against circumcision. As it was by Barbara Emil I didn't read it, but I think circumcision is a good thing for boys. It makes the penis easier to keep clean. I also heard one of my college roommates' girlfriends, who was a huge tramp, say that her boyfriend "may be small but he is circumcised."

There are also a couple of articles in this issue that show the problems of Western society are spreading around the world, like the article about the obesity problem in Arab nations or the article that mentions how high the household debt of South Koreans is.

No comments: