Thursday, July 19, 2012

IS TOILETSTOOL FAKE?

There is a website I used to visit called Toiletstool which is a "forum dedicated to the act of relieving yourself." I finally stopped visiting said forum a couple years ago after I realized it wasn't really a site a Christian should read.

However, there was another reason I stopped visiting Toiletstool; I began to suspect it was fake.

Of course, when you put any forum or any other kind of interactive site like that on the web you're going to get actual people posting there. I am not saying all the posts are fake, but there were a few general things about the posts which made me highly suspicious.

First of all, there were women on Toiletstool who said they had a condition called "megabladder", an extremely large bladder. These women claimed they could urinate for five minutes straight (some even longer.) One of these women told people reading the site to Google megabladder. I did so and could not find anything describing the condition these women were talking about. Rather than an extremely large bladder in certain individuals, megabladder appears to be a condition that appears in babies in utero in rare circumstances. One kind of poster exposed.

Secondly, there were a number of teenage girls and young women who posted on Toiletstool who said they liked going in their pants, as well as secondhand stories of young girls finding out their friends liked doing this. However, let us think about this for a few seconds. What's the most important thing for a teenager or even a young woman in her twenties? Not being embarrassed, as well as looking cool around her friends. Thus, if the girl who was contemplating doing this actually did it, there's a chance her friends would find out and she would be thought of as weird. Why then would someone do this in front of one of her friends or talk about it firsthand on an internet forum where her friends could possibly come across her post and find out?

Then there were all the stories of genuine accidents, which don't match up with what I have experienced. For the most part, a girl gets toilet trained and maybe has a few accidents for the first few years after that, but after that doesn't really have any issues. Sure, as a teenager she might have an accident, but you're telling me there are that many girls who can't make it to the bathroom in time on a less frequent basis?

Then there were all the stories that sound like typical errotica/fetish stuff. I won't go into detail about these.

I guess I had suspected this site was fake for a rather long time, but what made me stick around so long was that so many of the posters seemed like quite intelligent people. It didn't seem like your typical fantasy forum at all. Notwithstanding, most of the stories on Toiletstool are and were probably written by basement boys.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I am afraid that the site may actually be all too weirdly real.

Alex Horton said...

Certainly some of the bizarre things posted on there are are real. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Unknown said...

I'm a from time to time contributor to said site and my posts are more of an anecdotal nature. I didn't find it particularly salacious just a general chit chat amongst like minded people and not harming anyone!

Alex Horton said...

Is the format any different than it was five years ago? I mean, is it more like other internet forums with threads? Also, are there separate sections for different types of topics?

I guess the real problems I have with it is it kind of seems like flaunting something private before the entire world. That, and the fact there didn't seem to be much conjecture. I guess, if it were more private and more like a modern-day social networking site I might go back there.