Tuesday, July 10, 2012

THE FINER POINTS OF REGRESSION

This post is my third on the subject of age-play and a response to this video.

Indeed, the main thing age-play seems to come down to is regression. It is not just acting like and pretending something for a while for whatever reason. It is about actually putting oneself into the "state of mind", as Candy says of whatever age the age-player is pretending to be.

I first started researching this topic about a year and a half ago when a friend confessed to me they were into it. I had known about adult babies before, through means such as TV shows I shouldn't have watched as a child and articles in magazines, but I had always thought of it in terms of something execs and businessmen did secretly. I really had no real idea that a more diverse segment of the population was into this sort of thing.

I also had no idea of the age range employed in age-play. I knew there were those individuals who acted like babies but I did not know there were those who acted like older children, all the way up to sixteen as a girl in a video I wrote a previous post about explained.

As I said, after my friend told me they were into age-play, I really started thinking about it. There are those executives and businessmen who have many responsibilities and are always expected to be the decision makers and the leaders. One can clearly see why they would regress. Then there are others who, though they are not in the aforementioned top positions, nevertheless have the usual numerous responsibilities that go along with being an adult and feel the need to regress.

Often, age-play is sexual. However, I was also suprised to learn from my friend that there is also nonsexual age-play. There are adult men who platonically want their mommies and adult women who want their daddies. That aspect of age-play got me thinking that there must be nonsexual age-play involving two women, because sometimes a girl, though she has the responsibilities of an adult and enjoys taking care of her house and her other duties, just wants her mommy. This lead me to Candy's videos.

I would venture to say we all feel the need to regress at some times. For the majority of us, that would involve thinking back to a favourite childhood memory and basking in that moment. For others, and I have really only noticed this in women, it involves a retention of a childlike playfullness under the surface. I daresay we all know some woman who is a responsible adult but could still be described as playful and possessing a sort of childlike friendliness and childlike possitive attitude. I notice this particularly with my best friend's wife. When I am around her, the Holy Spirit gives me the ability to see what she was like as a child in addition to what she is like now. Further to this, at times I have seen what she will be like ten to fifteen years from now.

Then, for others, this regression takes the form of age-play. For some, age-play takes place only occasionally. For others, it takes place several times a week, daily or even continuously.

A commenter to this video on YouTube, Susie McSusiefruit, writes under the video that "growing up is scary" and why would you want to be grown up all the time "... especially when you are alone." I do not condemn age-players or think age-play is a sin. However, Susie, when someone has Christ, they can go forward smiling at the future. God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. If God is for us, then no one can be against us. With the very God and ruler of the universe on our side, His people don't need to be afraid of anything, not even the uncertainties of growing up and facing the future.


2 Timothy 1 7
"for God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind"



Romans 8 31
"what shall we then say to these things if God for us who against us"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry, I may be way over-reacting here, but this regression condition sounds like the result of a significant amount of demonic influence (if not full-fledged possession). For someone can enjoy memories of their childhood without having to literally relive them--especially memories of being a baby! Be assured that our Heavenly Father has not given me any reason to hold back on this assessment. If He does, I will pass it along.

Alex Horton said...

For sure, a lot of people who engage in this regression/age-play are likely influenced or possessed by demons, especially since, as I said, it is a sexual thing in many cases. For a small segment of the people who do this it might just be an odd but harmless activity in which they like to engage. I think for the majority of age-players, it is about trying to fill the spiritual and emotional void left by a bad childhood. I wrote a post about a naptime-themed video by the same woman. In that video, you can see her desire to be loved. I got the sense, and I think it might have been Holy Spirit led, that she was abused as a child regarding naptime and other things.

I have been writing these posts about age-play because, as I said in the post, a friend confessed they were into it and plus I can not find any ministries or preachers who are reaching out to these age-players and those deeply involved in other kinds of fetishes.

Please pray for Candy McBride and these other age-players.

Anonymous said...

Your style is unique in comparison to other people I've read stuff
from. Thanks ffor posting when you've got tthe opportunity,
Guess I'll just bolok mark this site.