Monday, December 19, 2011

REPLY AWL

There is an article in this week's edition of the Matilda Ziegler Magazine For The Blind about a professor who says "Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer" promotes bullying. I don't know about that, but I find it kind of screwy that all the other reindeer picked on Rudolph, then after he guided Santa's sleigh, it's like, "Well, I guess we like you, and all you had to do was save Christmas for the entire world."

There is a piece in the same issue about people bringing their children to things like meetings and work. The writer is against it because of the distractions it causes the parent and everyone else. When I was a child, Mom would occasionally take me to meetings and work if I was sick. I was expected to behave and not to bother her. Part of this also has to do with the fact that people are so busy these days they don't have a choice.

No comments: