Monday, October 31, 2011

REPLY AWL

These comments all have to do with the "Daily Bread" daily devotional, Third Quarter 2011.

The people who write this devotional seem to be pretty down on imprecatory prayer, excusing the verses where the psalmist asks for violence to be done to his enemies as just the writer expressing his emotions. However, these verses are every bit as Godly as the rest. It is either repent or perish. Also, vengance is the Lord's, thus the psalmist is rightly asking the Lord to have His vengance.

In the section on Luke where it talks about the parable of the unjust judge, the writer says we should keep praying, even if we don't get what we want the first time, merely in order to be closer to God. While growing closer to God will result from persistance in prayer, we also need to keep praying about something because it pays to be persistent. For one thing, we should keep praying about something because everything happens in God's time, so if we don't get what we want now, as long as it's in accordance with God's will, we'll get it eventually. Also, being persistent in our prayers shows God that we sincerely want what we're asking for.

In an entry about Jude, the writer tells the reader to ignore the parts about other writings and the body of Moses. Don't ignore these verses! They are as much an inspired part of this book of the Bible as the other verses. If you don't understand these particular verses, keep coming back to them and ask God to reveal their meaning to you.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the information on this site, you have done outstanding job on the posts.

Anonymous said...

In fact no matter if someone doesn't understand then its up to other
people that they will assist, so here it happens.

Anonymous said...

Hello.This article was really remarkable, particularly because I was
browsing for thoughts on this matter last Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Some genuinely fantastic info, Glad I discovered this.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting topic, thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established website such
as yours take a massive amount work? I'm completely new to operating a blog but
I do write in my journal every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience and feelings online.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring
blog owners. Thankyou!

Alex Horton said...

My best advice is write about that in which you are genuinely interested and not just what'll get the most hits.

Anonymous said...

Right here is the right webpage for anybody who
wants to understand this topic. You understand a whole lot its
almost tough to argue with you (not that I personally will need to...HaHa).
You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic that's been discussed
for years. Excellent stuff, just great!

Anonymous said...

Awesome information once again! Thanks=)

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing
this web site. I'm hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming
as well. Actually your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own web site now.
Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly.

Your write up is a good example of it.

Anonymous said...

I conceive this website contains some very fantastic information for everyone
:D.

Alex Horton said...

I don't know how many people actually agree with me on things.

Anonymous said...

I real pleased to find this web site on bing,
just what I was searching for :D too saved to favorites.

Anonymous said...

Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological world the whole thing is available on net?