Monday, August 15, 2011

THE BILLBOARD BOOK OF NUMBER ONE HITS

Owner Of A Lonely Heart: Though this song sucks, the rest of the album it comes from is quite excellent. Great progressive rock.

Karma Chamileon: My uncle used to visit my mom and dad on their farm every summer. He used to play Boy George And Culture Club records and it drove my dad crazy.

Jump: I have heard this album. It sucks.

Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now): I have many Phil Collins albums. They all suck.

Hello: Go on YouTube and check out Nick Digilio's analysis of the video for this song.

"What the heck do you want!? Leave me alone! I'm blind!"

Time After Time: A few years ago, CHUM-fm did a Christmas special that they syndicated. It featured interviews with artists followed by Christmas songs they'd recorded. Even though the interviews had probably all been recorded at different times, the host, Taylor Kaye, was trying to make it appear as if all the musicians were gathered together for a Christmas party. Cindy Lauper was the only one who played along. I'll always love her for that.

When Doves Cry: "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince has changed his name to The Artist. Many people think Formerly would have been a better name."--This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Ghost Busters: I have the sound track to this movie. It is mostly the theme song over and over again.

"Who you gonna call" has become an immortal phrase in our culture.

My sister used to refer to this movie as "Ghost Butters."

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go: "AandE is doin the biography of the other guy from Wham."--Family Guy

Like A Virgin: Like a virgin?! Anything but!

Like a virgin,
Oooh, oooh.

No comments: