Monday, August 22, 2011

THE BILLBOARD BOOK OF NUMBER ONE HITS

Need You Tonight: Michael Hutchins didn't commit suicide. He slipped on a curtain rod while putting his pants on backwards.

Get Outa My Dreams, Get Into My Car: Double Exposure did a parody of this song sung by then Foreign Affairs Minister Joe Clark.

Get out of Kuwait,
And back to Bagdad,
Get out of Kuwait,
Make it snappy Sadam.

Don't Worry, Be Happy: I was at my aforementioned babysitters house one weekend. They were Catholics and we were driving to church one Sunday morning in their truck. The car radio was on (I think it was on CFFX 960) and a preacher was on there. He said, "It's not that song "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Jesus is the key to all this."

Also around this time, I was in kindergarten. When ever I would get worried or nervous or upset about something, the teacher would say, "Don't worry. Be happy."

There is a parody of this song entitled "Don't Be Happy, Worry" listing a whole bunch of things that can go wrong.

Double Exposure did a parody of this song around the time of the 1992 federal election, sung by Flora MCDonald.

Here's a little song I wrote,
I wrote it just to make you vote,
Be happy,
Vote Tory.

Red Red Wine: I was once told a story about a man who celebrated his fortieth birthday. When the cake was brought out, it had a 45 by UB40 on top.

Kokomo: Watching this song being performed on "Full House" was painful.

I doubt if the narrator of this song is intelligent enough to know where most of the places mentioned are.

No comments: